Re: Exe's pathname thwarts Connection

From: Matthias Lippmann <news_at_lippmannsoft.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:37:23 +0100

Hello Thorsten,

"Thorsten Kettner" wrote

> Copy ORANT817\bin\SQLPlusW.exe to another directory, [..]
> Rename the directory so that it has a closing parenthesis:
> "C:\OraTest)" and start the program again.

What reason do you have to move sqlplusw.exe to another directory? Why do you need parentheses in directory names? Use a proper pathname during installation and make shure the \bin subfolder of your Oracle Home is in your PATH environment variable.

> Try to connect. You get ORA-06413 "connection not open".
> Can somebody verify the error? Does it happen on Win NT only?

I get ORA-12154 (TNS resolution) with 9.2, W2K Prof.

http://metalink.oracle.com if you have a valid customer account.

--
Kind Regards

Matthias Lippmann