Exe's pathname thwarts Connection

From: Thorsten Kettner <thorsten.kettner_at_otto.de>
Date: 11 Dec 2003 04:22:38 -0800

Hi, does it only happen in our system that Oracle (OCI) programs cannot connect to the database, if the pathname where the exe resides contains a closing parenthesis ')'?

We are using Win NT, Orant817.

Copy ORANT817\bin\SQLPlusW.exe to another directory, let's say
"C:\OraTest". Start it and connect. Everything works fine. Close it.
Rename the directory so that it has a closing parenthesis:
"C:\OraTest)" and start the program again. Try to connect. You get
ORA-06413 "connection not open".

Can somebody verify the error? Does it happen on Win NT only? Where can I report the bug? I could not find a bug report form on there site. Strange! Don't they have any??? Received on Thu Dec 11 2003 - 06:22:38 CST