Re: exp error : ORA-00942: table or view does not exist on tables with lowercase names

From: Chris O <itoys1>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:34:30 +1000

"GX" <mailme_gx_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4a51f3f8.0312090301.59473681_at_posting.google.com...
> When trying to do and export from command line e.g.
> exp userid=system_at_globaldb log=log.txt owner=rbs
> We get the following error(s):
>
> EXP-00008: ORACLE error 942 encountered
> ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
> EXP-00024: Export views not installed, please notify your DBA
> EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully
>
> We are running Oracle 9i on win2k server...
> tables names were created in lowercase and this can not be avoided
> because there is too much code to change in the application :(.
>
> This is most frustrating because there is no other way to backup data
> (apart from backup which requires OMS which we are having problems
> with too)
>
> We have tried a simple test on another machine create a table "test1"
> export and import data and it works file. Is there something wrong
> with the installation?
> Or is Oracle a nice expensive tool that sits in the corner looks good
> on paper and does nothing at all!
>
> GX

You cannot do it from the command line [as far as I know] but you can do it using a PARFILE. Inside the PARFILE you put an entry where the tablename is quoted but you need to escape the quotes like this:

tables=\"abc\"

This works in 9.2 but I'm not sure about earlier versions of EXPort..

Cheers Received on Tue Dec 09 2003 - 15:34:30 CST