exp error : ORA-00942: table or view does not exist on tables with lowercase names

From: GX <mailme_gx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Dec 2003 03:01:05 -0800

When trying to do and export from command line e.g. exp userid=system_at_globaldb log=log.txt owner=rbs We get the following error(s):

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 942 encountered
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
EXP-00024: Export views not installed, please notify your DBA
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

We are running Oracle 9i on win2k server... tables names were created in lowercase and this can not be avoided because there is too much code to change in the application :(.

This is most frustrating because there is no other way to backup data (apart from backup which requires OMS which we are having problems with too)

We have tried a simple test on another machine create a table "test1" export and import data and it works file. Is there something wrong with the installation?
Or is Oracle a nice expensive tool that sits in the corner looks good on paper and does nothing at all!

GX Received on Tue Dec 09 2003 - 05:01:05 CST