Re: Oracle Text: how to query index properties?

From: Manuela Mueller <520040906697-0001_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 11:26:09 +0100

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> Jens Grivolla wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there a way to obtain the properties of an existing index (themes
> > support, language, ...)?
> >
> > Ciao,
> > Jens
>
> Look at all_ind_columns for index properties but what has that got to do
> with support and language? And I can't even guess what you intend by the
> word themes. Please explain further.
>
> --
> Daniel Morgan
> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp
> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

Hello Jens,

really dislike this, but you left out important information. What Oracle Release, what operating system???

<quote from FAQ etiquette>
b) Quote the Oracle version number, and operating

    system that you are running on. Answers that are     good for version 7 may be 2nd-rate for version 8 and     completely stupid for version 9.
</quote>

Without that information, I'm only able to make a shoot in the dark. If you work with Oracle 9.0.1 or 9.2 the following information may be helpful:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/text.920/a96518/aviews.htm#9768

CTX_PARAMETERS   This view displays all system-defined parameters as defined by CTXSYS. It can be queried by any user.

For more information visit:
http://tahiti.oracle.com/

Urls may wrap.

And as Daniel said, please provide more information about your soecific problem.

Have a nice day
Manuela Mueller Received on Sat Dec 06 2003 - 04:26:09 CST