Re: Oracle Text: how to query index properties?

From: Jens Grivolla <j-news2003-12_at_grivolla.de>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 13:26:16 +0100

Manuela Mueller <520040906697-0001_at_t-online.de> writes:

>> Jens Grivolla wrote:
>> > is there a way to obtain the properties of an existing index (themes
>> > support, language, ...)?

> really dislike this, but you left out important information.
> What Oracle Release, what operating system???

Ok, sorry, it's Oracle 9.x, I think the server is running on Windows (does that matter?)

Sorry I left out that information but Oracle Text only exists in 9.x anyway afaik, it used to be interMedia before. I also notice I had the reference to Oracle Text only in the title, so it could be easily missed.

> Without that information, I'm only able to make a shoot in the dark.
> If you work with Oracle 9.0.1 or 9.2 the following information may be
> helpful:
>
> http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/text.920/a96518/aviews.htm#9768
>
> CTX_PARAMETERS
>
> This view displays all system-defined parameters as defined by CTXSYS.
> It can be queried by any user.

That should be exactly what I'm looking looking for, unfortunately I'll have to register to be able to see that page, and they want to know a lot of things.

However, searching for CTX_PARAMETERS has led me to quite a bit of very useful information.

I still didn't find how to query the parameters for a given index, but I should have a log somewhere of how exactly the index was created. Hoping that the defaults have not been changed since, I then know the parameters for the index.

Thanks very much, your answer has been very helpful.

Ciao,

   Jens Received on Sat Dec 06 2003 - 06:26:16 CST