Re: PLSQL: how to test if a table exists?

From: NoName <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:50:53 +0100

> The simple solution to this problem is then as follows:
[snip]
> begin
> truncate table B
> insert into B ...
> commit;
> exception
> when others -- Use appropriately defined error if possible
> then
> null; -- ie do nothing
> end;

I tried, but when executin this script, Oracle returns two errors: 1) truncate table B; --> PLS-00103: found "TABLE" but expected one of the following: := . ( @ % ;
2) PLS-00123: program too large

> I am puzzled why you need to use all these inserts. Surely putting the
> data into a file and using SQL*Loader would be more appropriate.

Well, for sure it is a better solution. The insert way was born as the simplest way to syncronize the data...
maybe at this point I can make a separate program to load data. I think the "program too large" error, due to many inserts, makes useless using any PLSQL instruction.
Or not? Received on Fri Dec 05 2003 - 07:50:53 CST