Re: Periodic FAQ & Charter post

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:45:04 -0800

Niall Litchfield wrote:

<snipped>

> Overall this is an excellent contribution Hans. The only other reservation
> that I have is that both Jonathan and orafaq.com periodically but
> irregularly post FAQs to these groups. It may be that we are covering the
> same ground again, and that actually folk don't read FAQs anyway.

You may well e correct. But I'd rather have a FAQ posted on a regular basis that we can point. It takes away any defense spammers have for claiming that they didn't know. And it takes away the excuse to many use for not posting in the correct group too. If they don't read it that is no different than the many that don't read installation instructions.

But the fact that installation instructions and tahiti exist gives us the ability to say "RTFM" and regularly posting the FAQ gives us the ability to say "RTFF". And that is a good thing for the group.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu