Re: execute an external command line in pl/sql

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:48:36 -0800

Michel Garcia wrote:

> so you don't know ?
>
> Senior Oracle DBA, uh ?
>
> <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de
>

>><garcia_at_micel.fr> wrote in message

>>>Can ONLY people that know, answer the questions ?
>>>In "Oracle 8 Application developer's guide, release 8.0), there is the
>>>answer, on pages 527-569, in the PL/SQL Input/output chapter.
>>>The second example to use the dbms_pipe is : Execute system commands on

> page
>
>>>541.
>>>There's the code to create the functions in the db.
>>>And also, the code to create the exe file in Pro*C.
>>>

>>Mr. Garcia, in your initial post you didn't mention any version.
>>So why would I expect you are using a version that has been
>>desupported before the Stone Age and met with hostile responses from
>>your side?
>>
>>Sybrand Bakker
>>Senior Oracle DBA

I'm not sure what it is you think you are gaining by posting such inflammatory nonsense but rest assured you just decreased the number of people that will have any interest in helping you in the future.

An apology and a change in attitude are in order. Your post is totally out-of-line.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu