Re: IMPORTANT DEPENDENCIES QUESTION IN ORACLE.

From: mcstock <mcstockspamplug_at_spamdamenquery.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:44:17 -0500

Lakshmi

  1. please don't shout ;-)
  2. the data dictionary views ALL_, USER_, and DBA_DEPENDENCIES contain the information you need. In order to get a tree structure you could user Oracle's CONNECT BY syntax (not standard SQL) but you may run into problems using it on a view. another possibility is to write a recursively called stored procedure or function to walk the tree
    • mcs