Re: "We don't do triggers"

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 01:48:53 GMT

"(Pete Cresswell)" <x_at_y.z> wrote in message news:q9lqrv4rdlcughil17flbbu2ln162bbu7r_at_4ax.com...
> I'm on the periphery of a rather large (to me, at least: $10 mil..)
project in
> which the tech folks flatly say "NO STORED PROCEDURES: NONE, NOT EVER!".
>
> There's got to be a reason, but I don't know enough to even guess at it.
>
> Somebody?
> --
> PeteCresswell

Ask. For $10 million they should be prepared to give a report on the cogent reasons why. Have a highly competent DBA read their report and meet with them to evaluate their report. How many of these types of projects have they done successfully, on or under budget, and on time? (answer: probably none)
Jim Received on Thu Nov 20 2003 - 19:48:53 CST