Re: Oracle 9i: temporary tablespace ora-03217

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Nov 2003 06:17:01 -0800

Bernd Taucher <violine24_at_yahoo.de> wrote in message news:<cLmsb.1278$W7.1042_at_news.chello.at>...
> Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:18:00 GMT, Bernd Taucher <violine24_at_yahoo.de>
> > wrote:
> >

> >>Hi!
> >>
> >>I tried to move tempfiles to a different location. While trying to set
> >>the temporary tablespace offline, i got an error: ora-03217.
> >>
> >>Can anybody help me? Is it not possible to set an temporary tablespace
> >>offline?
> >>
> >>I could set an tempfile offline, but I couldn' t move it? Again, can
> >>anybody help me?
> >

> > One rule in this forum is we don't look up error messages
> >

> > --
> > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
>
> Anyway, is there a possibility to set an temporary tablespace (locally
> managed) offline and move its tempfiles?

I would guess that you could rename a tempfile in the same fashion as a datafile, but I would need to verify that in the doc's. Something you apparently consistently refuse to do, you rather prefer wasting someone elses time.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Wed Nov 12 2003 - 08:17:01 CST