Re: Improve this querry!?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:33:54 -0800

Mark Schubert wrote:

>>Running Explain Plan is essential. The fact that indexes exist does not
>>mean that indexes are used.
>>Go to http://tahiti.oracle.com and print out the documentation for
>>running Explain Plan. Basically
>>you will need to run the utlxplan.sql script in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin
>>to build the plan
>>table and then use the explain plan syntax to create the plan. Printing
>>it out can be done with any
>>number of scripts available all over the web. Contact me off-line if you
>>can't find a copy.
>>
>>You may not understand everything about the output ... but you will be
>>able to tell immediately
>>whether the indexes are being used.
>>

>Again, I'd be happy to run the Explain Plan if it will somehow lead to
>a solution. I can't help thinking it will just bring further questions
>and more actions.

Re-read the first sentence above.

If others have helped you I am glad. Because obviously I can't.

BTW: If you had sent your email from a non-US address I'd have known you are not a native
English speaker. If you had said anything to that affect I'd have known. You expect people to not
only do your work for you, but to guess your native language. Guess I'm just too dense to do either
so I'm kill-filing this thread.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu