Re: declare SYS.DBMS_PIPE???

From: mcstock <mcstockspamplug_at_spamdamenquery.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:23:33 -0500

that probably means that the schema you're using does not have execute permission on DBMS_PIPE (there apparently is a public synonym mapping DBMS_PIPE to SYS.DBMS_PIPE, since the error message figured out the package owner)

if you're creating a stored procedure, the schema must have EXECUTE permission directly granted to it (not via a role) or EXECUTE permission must be granted to PUBLIC (which not every dba would want to do with DBMS_PIPE)

--
Mark C. Stock
email mcstock -> enquery(dot)com