How to import an Oracle-DB

From: Gunter Ulsenheimer <ulsenheimerg_at_web.de>
Date: 5 Nov 2003 01:07:57 -0800

Hi all,

looking just at the topic my problem seems to be quite easy, but in detail it is probably very tough!
I have the files of an Oracle-DB, which was situated on an 'alpha' computer
with a Unix-operating system (DEC Ultrix 4.0D ... if I remember right).
Now I want to import this database to an empty Oracle database, installed on a PC. The OS is Windows NT4 Workstation and the Oracle software is Oracle-Server 7.3.x.x (the rest of the version I don't know at the moment).
The basic question for me is: Is it possible to import the DB at all? If yes, what must I do?

My intention is to find a solution for a CAE software, which works with an Oracle-DB on an 'Alpha'-server and the clients are PCs. I want to unify it (use only one system).

That's for now. I would be very glad for any contribution (solutions would be better :-) ) to my problem!

Gunter Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 03:07:57 CST