Re: How to import an Oracle-DB

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:09:00 -0000

What you will need is an EXPORT dump file from the Unix system, not the datafiles. This can be Imported using the IMP utility. There is a book on supplied utilities including IMPORT and EXPORT at tahiti.oracle.com (don't worry that 8i is the earliest you can access the basics haven't changed).

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA