Re: grant execute hanging!?

From: Chris Leonard <s_p_a_m_chris_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:10:28 -0600

Greg,

I can't help you with why the grant is hanging without more information, but one way to see what users have already been granted the execute privilege on DBMS_PIPE is to run this query:

select * from dba_tab_privs
where owner = 'SYS' and table_name = 'DBMS_PIPE'

Since DBMS_PIPE is a package, only the EXECUTE privilege applies to it, and these are all listed in DBMS_TAB_PRIVS. Of course, several GUI tools, such as the Oracle Enterprise Manager, will run the query for you and show you these permissions as well.

--
Cheers,
Chris

Chris Leonard, The Database Guy