Re: Help

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:16:43 -0500

If you just want to pass the exams, there are some test cram books you can look at on Amazon. If you actually want to learn Oracle, go to their documentation and start with the concepts book. Then download or buy (for a nominal cost) the Oracle 9i enterprise edition and load it on to you computer at home. Set a goal such as creating your own contacts database and work your way through it, reading additional Oracle docs as you go.

Van

______________ query.

> > a. parent query c. outline view
> > b. outer view d. all of the above
> >
> > 6. The outer query receives its input from the ___________.
> >
> > a. inner view c. nested function
> > b. outer view d. subquery
> >
> > 7. The results of a subquery are passed back as input to
the _______
> > query.
> >
> > a. inner c. correlated
> > b. outer d. uncorrelated
> >
> > 8. Which of the following must be used to separate a
subquery from
> > the outer query?
> >
> > a. / / c. | |
> > b. " " d. ( )
> >
> > 9. A subquery must include a(n) __________ clause.
> >
> > a. SELECT c. WHERE
> > b. FROM d. both a and b
> >
> > 10. A subquery cannot contain a(n) _______ clause.
> >
> > a. GROUP BY c. ORDER BY
> > b. HAVING d. WHERE
> >
> > 11. The operators =, <, >, <=, >=, and <> are referred to
as_______
> > operators.
> >
> > a. multiple-row c. correlated
> > b. single-row d. multiple column
> >
> > 12. The = operator is referred to as a(n) ___________
operator.

> > a. single-row c. correlated
> > b. multiple-row d. uncorrelated
> >
> > 13. The <= operator is referred to as a(n) _____________
operator.

> > a. multiple-row c. uncorrelated
> > b. correlated d. single-row
> >
> > 14. The <> operator is referred to as a(n) ___________
operator

> > a. single-row c. multiple-column
> > b. multiple row d. correlated
> >
> > 15. The > operator is referred to as a(n) _________
operator.

> > a. multiple-row c. single-row
> > b. multiple-column d. none of the above
> >
> > 16. Which clause is used when the results of a subquery need
to be
> > restricted, based on some group condition?
> >
> > a. GROUP BY c. WHERE
> > b. HAVING d. ORDER BY
> >
> > 17. The following SQL statement contains what type of
subqueries?
> > SELECT isbn, title FROM books WHERE pubid =
> > (SELECT pubid FROM books WHERE title = 'SHORTEST POEMS')
> > AND retail-cost >
> > (SELECT AVG(retail-cost) FROM books);
> >
> > a. single-row c. multiple-column
> > b. multiple-row d. inline view
> >
> > 18. If the result returned from a subquery must be compared
to a
> > group function, then the inner query must be nested in the outer
> > query's _________ clause.
> >
> > a. GROUP BY c. HAVING
> > b. WHERE d. FROM
> >
> > 19. The following SQL statement contains which type of
subquery?
> > SELECT title, retail, (SELECT AVG(retail) FROM books)
> > AVERAGE
> > FROM books;
> >
> > a. single-row c. multiple-column
> > b. multiple-row d. inline view
> >
> > 20. Which of the following operators is used with a
multiple-row
> > subquery?
> >
> > a. IN c. ALL
> > b. ANY d. all of the above
> >
> > 21. A(n) __________ subquery is one that can return several
rows of
> > results.
> >
> > a. correlated c. multiple-row
> > b. single-row d. uncorrelated
> >
> > 22. The _____ operator indicates that the records processed
by the
> > outer query must match one of the values returned by the subquery.
> >
> > a. IN c. <ALL
> > b. >ANY d. >ALL
> >
> > 23. Which operators can be combined with other comparison
operators
> > to treat the results of a subquery as a set of values, rather than as
> > individual values?
> >
> > a. IN and ANY c. ALL and ANY
> > b. IN and ALL d. EXISTS and IN
> >
> > 24. The following SQL statement contains which type of
subquery?
> > SELECT title, retail, category FROM books
> > WHERE retail IN (SELECT MAX(retail) FROM books
> > GROUP BY category);
> >
> > a. single-row c. multiple-column
> > b. multiple-row d. correlated
> >
> > 25. Which operator will instruct Oracle9i to list all
records with a
> > value that is more than the highest value returned by the subquery?
> >
> > a. <ANY c. >ALL
> > b. <ALL d. >ANY
> >
> > 26. The >ALL operator indicates that a value must be

> > value returned by the subquery.
> >
> > a. more than the highest c. more than the lowest
> > b. less than the highest d. less than the lowest
> >
> > 27. The <ALL operator indicates that a value must be

> > value returned by the subquery.
> >
> > a. more than the highest c. more than the lowest
> > b. less than the highest d. less than the lowest
> >
> > 28. Which operator will instruct Oracle9i to list all
records with a
> > value that is less than the highest value returned by the subquery?
> >
> > a. >ANY c. <ALL
> > b. >ALL d. <ANY
> >
> > 29. Which of the following operators is the equivalent of
the IN
> > comparison operator?
> >
> > a. <ANY c. =ANY
> > b. >ANY d. =ALL
> >
> > 30. The _______ operator is used to determine whether a
condition is
> > present in a subquery.
> >
> > a. IN c. ANY
> > b. ALL d. EXISTS
> >
> > 31. The EXISTS operator must be listed _________________.
> >
> > a. on the left side of the comparison operator
> > b. on the right side of the comparison operator
> > c. in the SELECT clause
> > d. none of the above
> >
> > 32. Which operator will return subquery results that are the
> > equivalent of a Boolean false?
> >
> > a. IS NOT NULL c. DOES NOT EXIST
> > b. NOT EXISTS d. <> EXISTS
> >
> > 33. A temporary table that is created when a multiple-column
subquery
> > is used in the FROM clause of an outer query is called a(n)________.
> >
> > a. inner view c. inline view
> > b. outer view d. natural view
> >
> > 34. When a multiple-column subquery is included in the WHERE
or
> > HAVING clause of the outer query, which operator is used by the outer
> > query to evaluate the results of the subquery?
> >
> > a. > c. IN
> > b. BETWEEN d. none of the above
> >
> > 35. The following SQL statement contains what type of
subquery?
> > SELECT b.title, b.retail, a.category, a.cataverage
> > FROM books b, (SELECT category, AVG(retail) cataverage
> > FROM books GROUP BY category) a
> > WHERE b.category = a.category;
> >
> > a. single-row subquery c. inline view
> > b. multiple-row subquery d. none of the above
> >
> > 36. If it is possible for a subquery to return a NULL value
to the
> > outer query for comparison, the ________ function should be used to
> > substitute an actual value for the NULL.
> >
> > a. IS NULL c. !NVL
> > b. NVL d. NVLS
> >
> > 37. The following SQL statement contains which type of
subquery?
> > SELECT title, retail, category, cataverage FROM books NATURAL JOIN
> > (SELECT category, AVG(retail) cataverage FROM books GROUP BY
> > category);
> >
> > a. correlated c. multiple-row
> > b. single-row d. multiple-column
> >
> > 38. Which comparison operator allows you to search for NULL
values in
> > a subquery?
> >
> > a. IS NULL c. =NULL
> > b. NVL d. NVLS
> >
> > 39. The following SQL statement contains which type of
subquery?
> > SELECT title, retail, category, cataverage FROM books NATURAL JOIN
> > (SELECT category, AVG(retail) cataverage FROM books GROUP BY
> > category);
> >
> > a. single-row c. correlated
> > b. multiple-row d. uncorrelated
> >
> > 40. Which of the following terms refers to a type of
subquery that is
> > processed, or executed, once for each row in the outer query?
> >
> > a. correlated subquery c. multiple-column subquery
> > b. uncorrelated subquery d. single-row subquery
> >
> > 41. The following SQL statement contains which type of
subquery?