Re: Chubb Institute for Training

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:08:26 -0800

Alan wrote:

>I do not believe that your generalization is justified. Unless you have
>examined the programs at "almost all" community colleges, you cannot claim
>that, "Almost all of the community
> college programs are OCP classes. They teach just enough to get someone an
>OCP certificate and little more." The community college in my area, for
>example has a very good two-year program.

But I have. Well not me personally. We have a department that does exactly that. I have a
research paper on the subject that is almost three inches thick.

The fact that you have found an exception to a generality is hardly a shock. All generalities
have exceptions. I put in my statement caveats in that regard.

I would however be interested in the name of that school and the city for my files. And others
in your area would find it valuable if you published the information too.

Thanks.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu