Re: Locks in Oracle 9i

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:56:23 GMT

"Ryan Gaffuri" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote in message news:1efdad5b.0309300803.60f91f89_at_posting.google.com... --snip--
> your session is still active. just becuase you disconnect, dose not
> mean the session closes. you have to kill your session. i doubt you
> will have priviledges to do this on your school computer. Anyway here
> is how you do it.
>
> use v$session view(you probably wont have access to this). find the
> sid and serial# for your session.
>
> alter system kill session 'sid,serial#';
>
> easiest way to get around this is to go to otn.oracle.com, download a
> copy of oracle and install at home. then you can do whatever you want.

Define disconnect. If you type exit in sqlplus, you have disconnected cleanly and the session *will* close.

Show me an example where you disconnect properly and the session does not close. I'm not talking about hitting that x button on your sqlplus window!

Anurag Received on Tue Sep 30 2003 - 17:56:23 CDT