Migration Issue

From: Richard Crawford <rcrawford.cow_at_remove_herbivore.unexmail.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:34:14 -0700

Forgive my newbie status. I've got a few books and many webpages bookmarked, but I haven't found an answer to this question.

I'm migrating our SQL Server database to Oracle (by hand!), and currently attempting to convert a table which contains a column with a SS7 datatype called "uniqueidentifier" with the property ROWGUIDCOL. As far as I can tell, this means that the column will contain a value which is unique in the database -- no other row in any other table in the database will have the same value.

Is there similar functionality in Oracle? How do I describe the equivalent table in Oracle? Received on Tue Sep 16 2003 - 11:34:14 CDT