Stored procedure returning records

From: Thorsten Kettner <thorsten.kettner_at_web.de>
Date: 10 Sep 2003 00:36:35 -0700

Hi all,

I would like to write a stored procedure that returns records and use that like I would use a table or view. For example:

  select emp_no, dept_no
  from emps_hired_in(2003)

where emps_hired_in is a stored procedure. We have changed recently from Ora 7 to 9i, and I am almost sure this was not possible in Ora 7. Is it possible with 9i? If so, how? Received on Wed Sep 10 2003 - 02:36:35 CDT