is it possible for an end user to know how many licences an Oracle server has?

From: Bing Du <bing-du_at_tamu.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 17:01:12 -0500

Our Oracle server has returned 'ORA-00019: maximum number of session licenses exceeded' pretty frequently recently. Every time, our Oracle DBA just killed some inactive jobs to fix the problem. This licence problem has affected our applications that use the Oracle. What I want to know is what SQL command or utility I can use as an end user to monitor how many licenses have been used? Therefore, if it's approaching the limit, we can get the DBA informed right away rather than waiting for the customers to report the problem to us.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Bing Received on Fri Sep 05 2003 - 17:01:12 CDT