sql where clause transformation problem

From: Steven <voivod455_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Sep 2003 13:41:28 -0700

Here is a problem I have recently come across and maybe somebody out there has a good solution for it. It deals with a application I have no source code to and can only change the table name and that's about it. The values for x can be most any number and is generated by the app. Oracle need to somehow transform this.

select x,y from points where x = 2 and x=10; -- But I really want it to be:
select x,y from points where x between 2 and 10;

I thought maybe a pipeline function might work, but there is no way to get the where clause since I can't pass it in (select x,y from table(pointsfun()) where x = 2 and x=10;)

A view doesn't seem to be the answer either as the where clause is a huge problem.

So if someone has encountered something like this or has some idea let me know.

Thanks,
- Steven
voivod455_at_yahoo.com Received on Tue Sep 02 2003 - 15:41:28 CDT