Re: Universal Installer does not start on WinXP

From: Greg Forestieri <gforestieri9_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Sep 2003 10:42:00 -0700

"Bogdan Zamfir" <dont.spam.me_at_despammed.com> wrote in message news:<bio1qa$b9q81$1_at_ID-189962.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> Hi,
>
> > You need to start the installer using compatibility mode - i.e. the
> > feature that lets your program think it's running on an earlier
> > version of Windows. Had the same problem a couple of months ago.
> > There is a metalink article on this.
>
> I tried this, with compatibility mode for Win2000, but didn't worked.
>
> Thanks for the answer anyway.
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan

As others have pointed out, if you are using XP Home, Home is not supported, you must use XP Pro. Oracle is very specific about this in their support matrix.

That isn't to say that there might not be a way to do it, it's just not supported. Probably fewer headaches in the long run to get Pro and be done with it.

Good luck
Greg Received on Tue Sep 02 2003 - 12:42:00 CDT