8i install problem on XP (Client options there but no database).

From: Kevin Wright <wrightkevin_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:55:01 +0100

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem trying to install Oracle 8i Personal Edition on my laptop. The operating system is XP home edition. I have had no problems previously installing Oracle on this machine with the same operating system
(from the same cd as I am using now).

Typically I launch the Oracle setup with the compatibility set to Windows Me
(or 95/98).

The installer starts ok but only gives me options for installing Client software - no options
for installing the database itself. The software on this cd has worked perfectly in the past but now doesnt include the database only the client stuff.

Has anybody else met this problem?

Thanks,

Kevin Wright. Received on Sun Aug 31 2003 - 03:55:01 CDT