Re: 8i install problem on XP (Client options there but no database).

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:14:13 +0200

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:55:01 +0100, "Kevin Wright" <wrightkevin_at_ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am experiencing a problem trying to install Oracle 8i Personal Edition on
>my laptop. The operating system is XP home edition. I have had no problems
>previously installing Oracle on this machine with the same operating system
>(from the same cd as I am using now).
>
>Typically I launch the Oracle setup with the compatibility set to Windows Me
>(or 95/98).
>The installer starts ok but only gives me options for installing Client
>software - no options
>for installing the database itself. The software on this cd has worked
>perfectly in the past but now doesnt include the database only the client
>stuff.
>
>Has anybody else met this problem?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kevin Wright.

No version of Oracle 8i has been certified by Oracle for any version of XP.
And 8i is to be desupported on December 31. Why do people never verify on which O/Ses their products run, and always *assume* all Microsux products are 100 percent downwards compatible? They aren't

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Aug 31 2003 - 05:14:13 CDT