Re: Avoiding any locks in SQL Servers - read and understand....itsmagic.

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2003 13:51:06 -0700

"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:<3f4c9fc2$0$14560$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> "Joel Garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote in message news:91884734.0308261309.786a2612_at_posting.google.com...
>
> > I had written "a pioneer," (as opposed to "the pioneer") but since I
> > take it Guido isn't a native English speaker, I think that is an
>
> me neither.

I know, but you write it better than most native-speakers! (So do you dream in SQL? :-)

> > understandable mistake.
>
> no. Don't think so.

Well, articles a, the... guess it depends on which language you start with.

> > I got the gist that he meant data row here. And I think this is
>
> I got the gist that someone else CLEARLY understood it as
> a database-wide serialization and in fact there was
> a reply mentioning exactly that. There is a very clear
> difference.

Oooh, if that's the case, I was far too easy on him. It's almost hard to believe someone is that stupid. Following this thread on google has been very confusing - now that's a serialization issue! :-)

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Free speech or commercial protection?  Guess which wins?