SQL TO_DATE

From: Randy Harris <randy_at_SpamFree.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 02:16:41 GMT

I hope someone can help me with a SQL question. I'm attempting to construct a date, I have week start dates in the table:

Aug 18
Aug 25
Sep 1H
Sep 8

However, the data can be immediately followed by other characters (Sep 1H). I'm trying to construct a date with this:

TO_DATE(SUBSTR(Weekstart, 1,3) || ' ' || SUBSTR(Weekstart, 5,2) || ',' || Year, 'MON DD, YYYY')

This works fine until it hits the Sep 1H date. How can I get around this?

Thanks for your help Received on Mon Aug 25 2003 - 21:16:41 CDT