Re: Which one is better, Oracle or SQL server - clear answer !

From: Guido Stepken <g.stepken_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:30:31 +0200

Sorry, no !

IBM has massively reduced the developer team in germany and california, has no real interest to continue Informix, obviously. They have increased prices about 30%, well knowing, that most companies/organisations cannot change from Informix + 4gl to other solutions that fast. Informix, to internal plans will be continued as 9.40 (64 Bit) till 9.60 every 18 month. After that, db2 will replace Informix. I and a friend of mine have talked to several guys, who had been working for the informix team ...now they work for ibm on other projects....

regards, Guido Stepken