Re: Which one is better, Oracle or SQL server - clear answer !

From: Madison Pruet <mpruet_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 19:51:30 GMT

Guido,

I am an architect for IBM and work on Informix 9.x as well as on DB2 9.x. There was no formal development team in Germany until after IBM acquired Informix. Since the acquisition, there has been some expansion in Munich, mainly to drive the Linux ports. The number of developers in the California is down, but that reduction occurred considerably prior to the IBM acquisition. At the time of the acquisition, the key development was done in Portland, OR and Lenexa, KS Some of the offices in the Bay area have been closed, but they have been less than 30% occupied since a year before the acquisition. Since the acquisition, there has been very little reduction in the development team. In fact, we have been recently been hiring.

What you have said is basically bogus B.S. Please get your facts straight rather than spread propaganda.