Re: Differences between Oracle Forms v4.5 and v6

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:01:11 GMT

Hi ON, you said...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a newby in this forum and I have a question about Oracle Forms and
> Reports.
>
> I've got recently a training on Forms&Reports v6 and I want to know wether
> there are great differences between this version and v4.5 (character mode,
> windows revamped screens, somthing like that).
>
> The reason is to know wether I can pretend job advertisements that request
> Forms or Reports 4.5 skills.
>
> Thanks before for a quick answer.
>
> Thuan Vu ON

If you go to the following URL, you can find the documentation for various versions of Oracle Forms:

http://otn.oracle.com/documentation/forms.html

You'll have to register (create a userid/password) like you do for so many web sites these days. But it's free and you won't be bugged with spam from them.

In the docs, you can research version differences - only you know what's important to you. Most of the advances have been to move Forms away from the client-server model into the web-enabled forms development.

One comment, character mode pretty much died with Forms 3.

--
[:%s/Karsten Farrell/Oracle DBA/g]