Re: How to execute queries that query different db at same time?

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 18 Aug 2003 11:02:41 -0700

abjiang <member35506_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3242307.1060974897_at_dbforums.com>...
> Thanks for the replies.
>

> I meant two different Oracle databases running on two different servers.
> So it is possible to put both query sets in a single .sql script and
> query both different Databases at the same time.....? How do I do a
> database link between two databases and what command should I use in the
> SQL script to open a remote DB connection?
>

> Thanks for any information you can provide with me!
>

> Abby

If you are willing to accept one script (versus one SQL script), then may I suggest programming this operation in PERL? (you can connect to multiple databases, merge/sort/manipulate the results, and output the answers to almost anyplace
(files/displays/printer-plotters/networks/...)

Or is the only tool you have a hammer(SQL)?

Ed
"when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" Received on Mon Aug 18 2003 - 13:02:41 CDT