ORA-01102 error.

From: SK <sk_ind12_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 18 Aug 2003 03:07:54 -0700

Hello group,

I work on Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris 5.8.
I have two databases in Oracle.
When I try to start my second database I get an error - ORA-01102: cannot mount database in EXCLUSIVE mode

On googling I found that opening in parallel mode can help. Is this the solution and could anyone tell me the exact cause of the problem.

Thanks in advance. Received on Mon Aug 18 2003 - 05:07:54 CDT