Re: How do I verify which Oracle Client is installed

From: Thomas T <T_at_T>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:32:54 -0400

"Albert Zweistein" <azwei_at_web.de> wrote in message news:Xns93D89BAEE739Dazweiwebde_at_62.243.74.162...
> I need to very exactly what version and build of an Oracle Client is
> installed on a machine.
>
> Is there some software (utility), procedure or other way that I can get
> this information from the machine or the Oracle Client itself.
>
> The machine is running NT4 or W2K.
>
> I need to verify/check whether it is running Oracle 8.1.7.2 or higher.
>

> Please respond to this group and NOT the email address.
>

> Thanks - Albert !

Albert, use the Oracle Universal Installer (under Start/Programs/Oracle Installation Products). You'll need to be logged in as the Administrator account (or use runas on the win2k machine).

When the program opens, click on "installed products". You'll get a tree listing that will show you the exact versions installed.

There will also be log files under C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory\logs that you could poke through if the universal installer is missing and the CD is buried under stacks of paperwork.

-Thomas Received on Fri Aug 15 2003 - 13:32:54 CDT