Re: Need Purchasing Info

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 5 Aug 2003 14:08:16 -0700

vslabs_at_onwe.co.za (Billy Verreynne) wrote in message news:<1a75df45.0308050457.1452fe2b_at_posting.google.com>...
> "Smiley" <anoniemke888antispam_at_hotmail.com> wrote
> >
> > As far as I know OTN is free, Metalink not
>
> Ah.. I would not know. I have a desupported support id that I can not
> delete, nor have the ability add an new support id. With metalink
> support stil owing me an e-mail explaining to me how to add the new
> support id where there is no friggen button to click to add it..
> <sigh>
>
> I thought that OTN/metalink was integrated and that a free membership
> (without a support id) was possible.. oh well. I get better answers
> here (and faster) than using metalink. :-)

As far as I've been able to tell, you need a support id these days. I don't know about .za, but I recently went through the issue of needing support and metalink not letting me have it, and the phone support people were able to give me support, with the proviso that they may suddenly stop working on the call with no notice if the contract was no good, and that I had to deal with the support salesperson myself (well, actually my customer's IS manager). Support was OK for that TAR, but I still can't use that CSI on metalink - and the support people expect you to be able to follow the TAR on metalink... :-O At least the phone and email seems to work.

By integrated, they apparently mean there are html links between them.  It seems to ask me for my password at strange times, and not ask at stranger times.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/tue/business/news_1b5linux.html