Re: newbie default tablespace

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 23:01:16 GMT

Fred Flintstone wrote:

> I'm a newbie in oracle.
> How can I do to modify this sql statament
>
> SELECT * FROM DB1.TABLE1;
> with
> SELECT * FROM TABLE1;
>
> I change the user Default Tablespace but this isn't the solution.
>
> Excuse me but I don't know well Oracle Enterprise Manager.

You appear to be getting terminology confused - possible from experience with another RDBMS.

Oracle supports many schemas in a single database. A schema owns things like tables - many 'simpler' database managers use the 'database' to mean the same thing as 'schema' in Oracle. This is explained in the "Concepts manual" you can find at http://docs.oracle.com

The answer to your question might be: connect to the user{the one that wants to do the select}and create a "synonym" of "TABLE1" for "DB1.TABLE1". Another way might be: connect as a DBA an create a "public synonym" of "TABLE1" for "DB1.TABLE1".

There may be other solutions to your problem, the above being the most obvious. That is why I recommend the documentation. Received on Fri Aug 01 2003 - 18:01:16 CDT