Re: What is the name of the next generaltion Oracle database?

From: Steve Howard <stephen.howard_at_us.pwcglobal.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2003 05:35:16 -0700

Keith <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote in message news:<vhpeoqkj9t6pfa_at_news.supernews.com>...
> I have come to the realization that :
>
> 1. You Sybrand are an idiot. I have never done anything than state my
> OPINION and pointed out links to articles from forbes, cnet etc. You
> truly will be nothing more than a gear-head who will be a an Oracle
> Database table jockey until your job is shipped to India to attain
> better price/performance ratio. That by the way is also my opinion.
>
> 2. Perhaps I should take my PostgreSQL proselytization elsewhere, but
> hope that all are aware that there is a choice.
>
> Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:46:09 -0400, Keith <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Your charge, that my on-topic discourse on this public forum, amounts to
> >>nothing more than trolling, is offensive.
> >>

> > On the contrary, your contributions to this forum are offensive. You
> > are clearly marketing open software by flaming and ranting commercial
> > software. You never made any attempt to explain why your favorite is
> > better , other than it is free, and your dislike for Oracle
> > representatives and employees. Doing so, your contributions are on the
> > verge of legal prosecution. Maybe someone should forward them to
> > Oracle's legal department, so they can take appropiate action.
> >

> > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
> >
> > To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address

Hi Keith,

I don't think the question is whether or not you can have an opinion. The question is why you only post in this newsgroup about PG? You have no posts in any of the newsgroups dedicated to it (http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=comp.databases.postgresql), so we can't help but wonder why you either do not post in them, or go to the trouble of having a second id just to post in Oracle newsgroups?

The first explanation indicates that you really don't know PG that well, which puts into question your ability to compare it and Oracle (my OPINION).

or...

The second explanation indicates you're slightly neurotic (my OPINION). I'm not sure which it is to be honest with you.

Regards,

Steve Received on Tue Jul 22 2003 - 07:35:16 CDT