Re: What is the name of the next generaltion Oracle database?

From: Steve Howard <stephen.howard_at_us.pwcglobal.com>
Date: 21 Jul 2003 07:04:05 -0700

sybrandb_at_yahoo.com wrote in message news:<a1d154f4.0307202356.11c74a_at_posting.google.com>...
> Keith <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote in message news:<vhmjmvqvvf6e4b_at_news.supernews.com>...
> > "Abuse of the system includes, but is not limited to, exceeding the
> > download limit on your account, spamming, newsgroup flooding, and
> > unauthorized posting to copyrighted material are also considered abuse
> > of the system "
> >
> > I don't fall into any of this. Crossposting one article (and a reply to
> > another article) today to 3 oracle groups is hardly flooding.
> >

> You are clearly abusing this and other Oracle newsgroups by
> consistently posting flames and rants against Oracle, and acting as a
> coward, by not disclosing your real name.
> And now please : GET LOST and BURN IN HELL, where you belong
>

> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

OK, I'll bite. Here is my 30 synopsis of "Keith". He is probably someone who got his arse handed to him in a sling by management because he allowed himself to be taken in by an Oracle salesperson and approved a contract for far more licenses/products than were required.

Quite frankly, a lot of Oracle sales guys are slimy (at least two of the three with whom I've worked), so you just have to be careful. Evidently, I assume either he wasn't careful, or the salesguy was _really_ good. Regardless, he is now on an Oracle witchhunt, as I don't see him posting in any PG newsgroups (http://groups.google.com/groups?q=postgresql+keith+author%3Anospam@nospam.com), at least with the sign on he uses here. He goes to the effort to have at least one other newsgroup signon just to bash Oracle. Let him rant/post links, as my guess he will peter out in about a month if no one responds.

Sorry, my 30 seconds is up.

Regards,

Steve Received on Mon Jul 21 2003 - 09:04:05 CDT