Re: Orbitz blames Oracle for site outage

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:10:26 +0200

Keith wrote:
> So much for the 'Unbreakable' strategy..
Is there any reason for your constant flaming? Or the crossposting?
Problems happen. The difference between oracle and other db supports is that oracle support is actually competent and willing to help you. At least the support guys I encountered so far. This in contrast to, for instance cygnus support (RIP) which we bought for one year, put in one bug request and never heard from again, apart from the usual your-bug-has-been-received message.

Greetings!
Volker

--
While it is a known fact that programmers
never make mistakes, it is still a good idea