SQL*Plus slooooow

From: Frank T. Rambøl <news_at_d-fect.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:09:54 GMT

Trying to learn Oracle and taking the OCP-track now.

Have installed Oracle 9i Release 2 on my Win XP Pro PC at home for testing puposes. Everything was OK, but now suddenøy SQL*Plus has gotten really slow.

CONNECTs, DESCs, CREATE TABLE and INSERT INTO work OK. SELECT takes ages if I get a result at all.

If I run the same select as the same user in iSQL*Plus I get the results at once. What's wrong?

Tried to uninstall and reinstall again, but no change. Just the one difference that I had to give tha base another SID as the first one probably was still in Registry, bur as I said this started before my reinstall of Oracle so that's not the problem.

BTW: Is there a page that list what has to be removed manually to get rid of an Oracle installation completely? Tried to search on OTN, but either my search skills are no good or there are no articles about it there.

--
When I'm fighting, it's like the whole world goes away.
I only know one thing: that I'm gonna win, and they're gonna lose.