Oracle9iAS release2

From: mel finney <mel.finney_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:44:47 +0000 (UTC)

I have a windows 2000 machine. I want to install Oracle9iAS release2 on my machine without being on a network or the internet. My machines name is norma and is a stndalone machine and member of a workgroup called WORKGROUP. When I try to install the above softwarw it keeps saying my Hosts file should have and address and fully qualified name. In my Hosts file I have the following
127.0.0.1 norma.WORKGROUP
This does not work
I have tried 127.0.0.1 localhost
That does not work
It will only let me proceed if I go on line Can anyonr help please

Mel Received on Thu Jul 10 2003 - 11:44:47 CDT