Re: Oracle9iAS release2

From: L.Egberts <egberts_at_publishnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:55:27 +0200

Hi,

A fully qualified name is something like jupiter.maan ...so a hosts entry will show this:

192.168.0.1 jupiter.moon jupiter
besite that entry there should be the localhost entry..

I installed 9ias recently at a Win XP home edition...that didnt work good because of the network problem you also have...so I upgrade to Win XP Prof. where I was able to give a decent hosts entry...Now I install at Redhat Linux....that works even better :-)
have fun!
L.Egberts

"mel finney" <mel.finney_at_btinternet.com> wrote in message news:bek55v$7om$1_at_sparta.btinternet.com...
> I have a windows 2000 machine. I want to install Oracle9iAS release2 on my
> machine without being on a network or the internet. My machines name is
> norma and is a stndalone machine and member of a workgroup called
WORKGROUP.