Consolidating TableSpace

From: Rath.Yelandur <Rath.Yelandur_at_Spam.Nope>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 13:27:16 -0400

TableSpace (DEV_DATA) at the moment uses 8 datafiles DevData01.dbf ... DevData08.dbf.

Some of the datafiles is larger than 2GB and the Free Bytes available is 50% or higher.

I want to consolidate these 8 datafiles into 2-3 datafiles of 2GB each. This will freeup the DiskSpace for other uses.

Question:
1. Can I create a new TS and move all the data from DEV_DATA to MY_TABLESPACE.
2. What is the preferred way of accomplishing this task.

Please point me in the right direction...

Thanks in Advance,
Rath Received on Mon Jul 07 2003 - 12:27:16 CDT