Stuck on RefCur.vpb when installing 8.1.7 on NT 4

From: cschang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 23:13:59 -0400

When I tried to install 8.1.7 ( release 3) freshly on my NT4 ( Sp 6a) with 755 PIII CPU 1G RAM, the installation stuck at copying RefCur.vpb file. According my search of the solution, I found some solutions which include
Method 1. copy all contents of original CD to the HD and rename the symcjit.dll among it to anything else ( I rename it symcjit.dll.old) , then run the setup.exe from the HD.
Method 2. Besides above, and also change the parameter of JRE_memory_options= in the .ini file under the \install subdirectory, then run the setup.exe

As I know those methods did work on my window 2000 platform. However, they did not work on my NT 4 machine. Does anyone know another solution? By the way I did tried to download the known patch files from web, that did not work either. This is important to us. Greatly appreciate any suggestion.

C Chang Received on Thu Jul 03 2003 - 22:13:59 CDT