Re: Interesting info about Oracle

From: Nuno Souto <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 23 Jun 2003 21:37:29 -0700

"Volker Hetzer" <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org> wrote in message news:<bd7dbs$ru3$1_at_dackel.pdb.sbs.de>...

> I've heard that db2 passwords sit unencrypted in the first datafile
> (unbelievable for me, so you want to check this).

In the interest of correctness, given that you post from an ieee domain: you didn't "hear". Let me explain: you may have misunderstood or misread one of my posts. The DB2 UDB administrator password is unencrypted in the first data file in UDB v7 for Windows. There is no such thing as "db2 unencrypted passwords". That was never written anywhere. You may have "heard" it, but from someone else.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Mon Jun 23 2003 - 23:37:29 CDT