[Q] Porting SQL to Oracle

From: Daniel Zuppinger <zuppinger_at_the_infobrain_at_infobREMOVE_CAPITAL_rain.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:00:10 +0200

Hi,

We have the following SQL Statement wich must run against a table on a Oracle DB:

select x,x,z from tableA where x = '';

The field x is defined as char 40 .It looks like the field contains 40 blanks. The SQL statement does NOT return these rows as expected. We have found that the syntax ' where trim(x) is null' works. But this is not acceptable for us, since we need to support several database systems.

Now the question: Can we force oracle to accept the normal sql statement as shown above for our application ? Maybe a environment variable or similar ?

Thanks Daniel Received on Wed Jun 11 2003 - 03:00:10 CDT