Re: Oracle setup help

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 04:39:53 GMT

Definitely possible - somewhat depends one the machine you have though. It's slightly larger than your average Access environment.

The software is freely available for download at http://otn.oracle.com - look for 'Software Download'. Based on size, connectivity, etc. you might want to read the discourse on 'Tech Tracks' for physical medium instead of download at the same location.

After download, unzip/gunzip the file & check the README for the basic install instructions. At that time, you will probably want more help - it's a bit of a bear getting it installed the first time.

Aside from that, if you are totally new to the environment, please do everyone a favor (especially yourself) and get acquainted with the documentation (also available at otn, more directly at http://docs.oracle.com - after you have registered at otn) and especially get acquainted with the Concepts manual and at least skim through the Database Administrator's Guide

/Hans