Re: Create schema command

From: Me <me_at_privacy.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 23:09:50 +0530

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 15:03:02 +0200, Sybrand Bakker wrote:

>On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 16:54:07 +0530, Me <me_at_privacy.net> wrote:
>

>>So does this mean that I cannot create multiple schema's under the
>>same user name scott?
>

>Exactly. A schema equates an user.

Now Scott is the name of a person. If I have 50 tables under scott and I want to group them as company, showroom, railway , etc. how would I do it? Do I have to create users showroom, railway, etc.?

I believe in SQL 2 it is possible to run: create schema company authorization scott

in that case why was this option take away in SQL*Plus? In my opinion, it kind of dosen't make sense to have a company name equivalent to a user name.

Thanks. Received on Sun Jun 01 2003 - 12:39:50 CDT