Re: Sybex or Osborne?

From: thedogz <stevevp_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:58:52 +0000 (UTC)

Many thanks for your helpful response. I'd more or less decided to drop the "boxed set" approach and take it one by one. My problem with the otherwise suberb Oracle documentation is trying to plough through the sheer volume on a cd-rom. I am old enough to find paper just sooo much easier!

Cheers.

"Van Messner" <vmessner_at_bestweb.net> wrote in message news:vd4kaegajv1hfe_at_corp.supernews.com...
> The Sybex books have fewer errors in general. In my opinion you are best
> off with the Oracle documentation. After that I'd use the Osborne books
for
> tests one and two and the Sybex books for tests three and four. Just
> personal preference.
>

> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message
> > thedogz wrote:
> >
> > > Ok guys, no fence sitting, what's the best boxed set for Oracle 9i DBA
> > > certification, Sybex or Osborne? Various reviews tend towards Sybex.
Is